We’ve been seeing lots of photos from customers on social media who’ve been finding Pokémon Go characters in our stores – and our colleagues have been asked for assistance in helping to find them too!
With the app officially launched we’re expecting to see even more people trying to find a Pikachu at the pizza counter or a Jigglypuff at George, so we’ve come up with some guidelines to help customers catch Pokémon Go characters safely in Asda stores.
Asda’s official Pokémon Go in-store guidelines:
- There is enough Pokémon for everyone – no running in stores to be the first to catch one
- Celebrate respectfully – shouting ‘YESSS’ at the fish counter may unnerve people
- Help is on hand – customer service colleagues will be on hand to offer safe directions around stores if you need assistance in safely locating a Pokémon
- Eyes up – please be mindful of fellow shoppers and be aware of your surroundings
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Everyone is welcome to use the in-store Wi-Fi – no need to run up huge bills on our account
- Please refrain from abandoning trolleys while catching Pokémon
- If any Pikachu are found in our stores then please let customer services know and we’ll congratulate you over the tannoy
- Gym etiquette – when training in our stores which are Pokégyms, feel free to use our store cafes to train in comfort
- Please keep your Pikachu on a lead at all times
We’ve been getting lots of photos from customers catching Pokémon Go characters in stores – including Magikarp on the fish counter, Pidgey in the coleslaw section and Shellder in our trollies.
Check out some of our favourite pics here:
Share your photos with us: If you spot a Pokémon Go character in your local Asda store then send us a pic on Twitter or Instagram using @asda or #asda.